The widespread outbreak of the virus has negatively impacted the global stock markets with approximately $9 trillion being erased from the markets in nine days on growing fears of a market downturn.
On Monday (March 9), a 15 minute trading halt was imposed on the NYSE, NASDAQ and TSX, due to a decline of more than 7%.
While the public markets are experiencing significant volatility as they attempt to price in the impact of the COVID-19 outbreak and potential global crisis, the private markets don’t experience the same daily and weekly swings
- Featured In Traders Magazine and MarketsMedia – Outlook 2021: Brian Schaeffer, InvestX
- InvestX Establishes U.S. Operations with NYC Headquarters and Appoints Brian Schaeffer as Managing Director
- Insight from InvestX – September 2020
- How Much Should Your Client Allocate to Private Equity?
- The Shrinking Public Market: Making Small Investors Losers