We are in a unique situation where highly distressed sellers need to sell their private share positions quickly in a private market which is highly inefficient and illiquid.
This was similar to the private oil and gas companies which were sold by institutions in the 2008/2009 crises at discounts up to 90% only to be resold by investors one year later for 50-200+% gains.
Funds (mutual, hedge and others) registered under the 1940 Investment Companies Act are allowed a maximum of 15% of their portfolios in illiquid securities (defined as instruments that take longer than a single day to liquidate in the public markets) by regulation. With the rapid fall in the major stock exchanges, many funds are offside and need to liquidate their illiquid holdings in a very rapid manner to stay in compliance with the regulations. The problem has been compounded by investor redemptions stripping cash out of the funds. In addition, many investors need liquidity to meet margin requirements and/or want to liquidate all or portions of their portfolio.
In response to these circumstances, we’ve created a Distressed Sellers Basket. InvestX will purchase shares from distressed sellers over a 3 month period, providing a window of opportunity for you and your investors to access quality pre-IPO companies at a significant discount.
To learn more, download the InvestX Distressed Sellers Basket Overview
- Featured In Traders Magazine and MarketsMedia – Outlook 2021: Brian Schaeffer, InvestX
- InvestX Establishes U.S. Operations with NYC Headquarters and Appoints Brian Schaeffer as Managing Director
- Insight from InvestX – September 2020
- How Much Should Your Client Allocate to Private Equity?
- The Shrinking Public Market: Making Small Investors Losers