Launched in 2014, InvestX a leading fintech company and pioneer in the pre-IPO asset class, provides the $30 trillion dollar wealth management industry with the ability to access, invest and trade in late-stage private companies. Portfolio companies include Palantir, Airbnb, SoFi, Spotify, DocuSign, SpaceX and many others. InvestX empowers its broker dealer clients with a technology platform, InvestX GEM, a secondary marketplace that simplifies the complexities of transacting in the private markets.
InvestX is backed by leading institutional investors including Jefferies, Virtu Financial and Canaccord Genuity. The company has been featured in CNBC, Forbes, Bloomberg, U.S. News, Business Insider, Reuters, The Globe and Mail, and many other publications. This year, InvestX has been a finalist for Wealthamnagement.com Awards, Benzinga Global fintech Awards, TradingTech Insight Awards USA, Technical Analyst Awards 2021 and BC Tech Awards.
About the Role
Reporting to the Vice President, People & Culture, you will be the People & Culture Specialist on the ground for our NY office. You will work directly with managers and own the NY end to end people experience and significantly contribute to the culture of that office. Working across the People & Culture team, you will lead and support human capital initiatives including talent acquisition and employer brand, talent development and learning, engagement, goal setting and performance, compensation and benefits, and operational efficiency.
Location: New York
- Understand hiring manager needs and contribute to workforce planning for growth trajectory
- Source, engage, and screen candidates on the phone, video calls, and in-person assessing their suitability for the interview and establishing their salary expectations, availability, and their right work status for the relevant location
- Update and maintain a database of suitable talent to meet future hiring needs using applicant tracking software (ATS) in Bamboo; optimize the talent pipeline processes to best suit InvestX, leveraging your expertise
- Maintain consistent follow-up with candidates and create a great candidate experience that contributes to the InvestX employment brand on Glassdoor, Indeed, etc.
- Work with the People & Culture Coordinator and Marketing/Communications to maintain job postings on various websites, target additional promotions
- Develop and maintain relationships with finance, business, and engineering schools, including organizing job fairs; leverage employee referrals for posted and pipeline jobs
- Use assessment methodology as part of the candidate screening process; develop benchmarks; maintain and administer online technical and other tests to candidates as required for the role
Engagement/Goals/Compensation & Benefits
- Partner with the People & Culture Coordinator to ensure a seamless onboarding experience for new hires; and to produce regular reports on key metrics and goals relating to the recruitment strategy and quality of onboarding
- Partner with managers to cascade company goals and KPI’s and make them meaningful at the team and individual levels as well as appropriate against bonus program
- Support managers who have specific people needs/issues that need addressing
- Promote use of retention tools and management approaches
- Evaluate appropriate training and leadership options for targeted employees
- Support compensation and potential processes in partnership with managers and P&C
- Manage all US benefit processes and vendors proactively
- Drive participation in surveys and other engagement vehicles in the NY office
- Participate and drive participation in the employee event planning related to quarterly and annual results, teambuilding, etc.
- Understand, create and comply with all applicable statutes and communicate via an appropriate vehicle to employees
- Understand and apply applicable policies and approvals processes
- Undertake process improvements to drive efficiency for people leaders, team members, HR, and candidates
- Support the VP People & Culture on other projects as required
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 4+years experience in HR and recruitment, ideally in the fintech or finance sector; experience in Venture Capital and Private Equity would be considered an asset
- Working knowledge of federal, state and local employment and safety laws
- Team player and self-starter, with strong attention to detail, project management and time management skills
- Flexibility and ability to work in a high-volume, fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Ability to develop strong relationships across a diverse client base, and while establishing trust and credibility with managers at all levels and across HR
- Experience in all areas detailed across the responsibility section above
- Excellent written and verbal business communication in English
- Advanced competency with the MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Advanced competency with HRIS and Applicant Tracking Systems
- Eligibility to travel between the US and Canada to attend occasional meetings; ability to travel to California office as needed.
If this opportunity sounds like it is a good match with your skills, background, and career direction, please apply through our Careers Page with your cover letter and resume.