InvestX Capital Ltd. is a young fast-moving company launched in March 2014 backed by a number of institutional investors. InvestX gives broker dealer’s retail high net worth clients access to exclusive late-stage investments like DocuSign, Spotify, UBER, Pinterest, and Dropbox in retail size allotments for the first time. Growth equity is one of the top-performing asset classes but until InvestX had only been available to institutional and ultra-high net worth investors.
InvestX has been featured and covered by the Wall Street Journal, Fin Alternatives, Dow Jones, Globe & Mail, Thomson Reuters, New York Times, Forbes and others.
As the Scrum Master, you work directly with the development team and technology leaders in the company. You will guide, organize, and improve the Agile/Scrum practices and values. You will be responsible for increasing productivity and overall team satisfaction. You will assess the scrum maturity of the team, coach team members to higher levels of maturity at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable for the team, and remove impediments to the team. You will also assist in coaching the team to self-organize to remove impediments. You will be leading, coordinating, facilitating, and/or guiding all sprint meetings, creating analytics and reporting of team execution on product initiatives. These meetings include the daily stand-up, sprint planning, sprint demo, sprint retrospective, and backlock grooming. You’ll own the JIRA & Confluence systems with regards to process flows, DevOps process integration, kanban boards, clean-up activities, maintenance and organization of documentation, transparency and reporting, and the research and implementation of tools and plug-ins to improve efficiency.
Location: Vancouver, BC
- Manage day-to-day aspects of Agile framework ceremonies including (Backlog Grooming, Sprint Planning, Sprint Review, Retrospective, and Daily Stand-Ups)
- Coach team members and the wider organization in Agile frameworks/tools, help teams implement changes effectively and guide development teams to high levels of agile maturity
- Facilitate effective collaboration, decision-making, issue resolution, and consensus among the team members and dependent teams
- Perform a leadership role and support the team by proactively identifying and removing impediments and dependencies
- Create, maintain, and coordinate execution of team-level deployment plans
- Oversee code review process
- Manage project scope, timeline, and facilitate internal communication and effective collaboration
- Provide information and metrics to tech and product leads, and other management groups for project reporting and analytics
- Work with product owners to handle backlogs and new requests
- Ensure deliverables are up to enterprise quality standards at the end of each sprint
- Help build a productive environment where team members ‘own’ the product and enjoy working on it
- Coach the team – observe what’s going on in the team and provide honest, constructive feedback to team members
- 4+ years Experience in software development
- Excellent knowledge of Scrum techniques and artifacts (such as the definition of done, user stories, acceptance criteria, backlog refinement)
- Certified in Agile frameworks and methodologies (scrum master, product owner, or agile leadership certifications)
- Excellent communication and servant leadership skills (including upwards, sideways, and downwards communications in the IT organization)
- Strong problem-solving, decision making, and conflict-resolution ability
- Outstanding organizational skills and interest in leadership
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, technical diploma, or other applicable software development work experience
- Strong knowledge of Product Management practices and techniques
- The ability to thrive in a growing team and start-up environment
- Flexibility and adaptability; comfortable in an entrepreneurial organization
- A track record of consistently meeting goals and deadlines
- Exceptional interpersonal, written, verbal, and presentation skills
- Plan and manage an expanding portfolio of security and privacy areas, and track associated metrics
- Familiar with Financial Systems, exchanges, and stocks is an asset
If this opportunity sounds like it is a good match with your skills, background, and career direction, please apply through our Careers Page with your cover letter and resume.