InvestX Capital Ltd. is a young fast-moving company launched in March 2014 backed by a number of institutional investors. InvestX gives broker dealer’s retail high net worth clients access to exclusive late-stage investments like DocuSign, Spotify, Palantir, AirBnb, SpaceX, and Pinterest in retail size allotments for the first time. InvestX has 36 teammates working out of offices in New York and Vancouver.
InvestX is investing out of its third fund and has historical annualized returns of over 40%. InvestX has been featured and covered by the Wall Street Journal, Fin Alternatives, Dow Jones, Globe & Mail, Thomson Reuters, New York Times, Forbes and others.
As a Principal, you will play a key role in evaluating and managing private investments and external fund commitments. Your activities include screening, diligence, and supporting the execution of new investments, ongoing monitoring of existing investments, participating in various projects, and staying abreast of trends in the private market. You will also be involved in some origination and share sourcing.
Location: New York or Vancouver
- Investment Analysis and Execution
- Conducts and documents fundamental and relative value research on private markets
- Synthesizes findings, key analysis, and supporting documents in an organized and documented manner
- Writes effective screening, deal alert, and investment memorandums.
- Delivers persuasive oral and written investment recommendations and rationale to the Investment Committee
- Interacts effectively with third party advisors as well as with internal groups (e.g., Legal, Tax, Risk)
- Works as an integrated part of deal teams, supporting the diligence of commercial, financial, tax, legal, and ESG aspects of prospective investments
- Portfolio Monitoring and Oversight
- Monitors assigned investments, identifying relevant opportunities and risks including tracking/evaluating performance metrics, ongoing review against original investment thesis, ongoing strategic fit, significant changes impacting the company, valuation issues, and industry developments
- Supports the development of tracking tools and processes to ensure sustained long-term portfolio returns
- Systematically develops objective and rigorous views on the long-term health and risk of companies within the portfolio
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business, finance, or economics
- A minimum of 7 years’ experience in private markets, investment banking, private equity, management consulting, deal/financial advisory
- Ability to synthesize large amounts of data and communicate key findings through strong business writing and other communication skills
- Decisiveness and the ability to form and defend independent opinions
- Strong financial modeling, research, and analytical skills
- Sound judgment and the ability to work independently
- Excellent work ethic, attention to detail, and demonstrated ability to perform in a time-pressured environment
If this opportunity sounds like it is a good match with your skills, background, and career direction, please apply through our Careers Page with your cover letter and resume.