InvestX Capital Ltd. is a young fast-moving company launched in March 2014 backed by a number of institutional investors. InvestX gives broker dealer’s retail high net worth clients access to exclusive late-stage investments like DocuSign, Spotify, UBER, Pinterest, and Dropbox in retail size allotments for the first time. Growth equity is one of the top-performing asset classes but until InvestX had only been available to institutional and ultra-high net worth investors.
InvestX has been featured and covered by the Wall Street Journal, Fin Alternatives, Dow Jones, Globe & Mail, Thomson Reuters, New York Times, and others.
About the Role
We’re looking for a Director of People & Culture to help support and sustain our culture, enable everyone to feel challenged and engaged at work, whilst leading the charge for rapid organizational growth. We’re looking for someone who is experienced, combined with an ability to lead with eagerness to do the work a growth-stage company needs to build in order to double its size in the upcoming year.
The Director, People & Culture will be responsible for supporting all aspects of InvestX’s people strategy which ranges from company culture in both our Vancouver and New York office. Leveraging the People and Culture team, you will be accountable for organizational effectiveness, onboarding, change management, talent acquisition, talent management, compliance, compensation, benefits, and all other aspects of human resources.
Location: Vancouver, BC
- Leads the people and culture team and reports on issues regarding implementation of policies and procedures, recruiting and hiring high-performing employees, labour, legislative, and other human resources issues
- Ensuring compliance with federal, state, and local laws and industry regulations (Canada/ United States)
- Advising department managers on legal implications of HR issues related to discipline and employee grievances
- Planning and overseeing the HR department budget
- Designing accountability mechanisms and overseeing overall employment needs.
- Lead, develop, and execute people and talent strategies that effectively and efficiently foster InvestX’s culture and support the company vision
- Collaborate and lead the stewardship of people, talent, and organizational planning and development in the face of an evolving and growing business
- In partnership with the Senior Leadership Team, build and strengthen a high-performance culture through effective organizational design, team member and leadership development, and people and talent practice.
- Develop, maintain, and optimize people and talent practices and programs in all areas including employment branding, talent acquisition, total rewards, and performance development, ensuring alignment with business vision
- Reinforce and exemplify InvestX’s core values through strategic programs and the People & Culture’s approach to supporting the business
- Provide mentorship and guidance to the People & Culture team by providing support, advice, and creative solutions
- Prioritize People & Culture strategic planning in conjunction with InvestX’s strategic plans
- At least 10+ years of relevant experience in people, talent, and culture leadership
- Degree in human resources, business, or a related field
- Experience in talent management, organizational development, and design, and best people and talent practices doubling the workforce in growing companies
- Experience driving and enforcing company culture
- Ability to develop and execute multiple priorities and approaches to meet objectives
- Successful track record of personal and team achievement with substantial contributions to the optimization of businesses through innovative thinking, people development, and an ability to make things happen
- Proven ability to effectively communicate, influence, and drive change
- Exceptional track record in developing and implementing strategies that have consistently met or exceeded planned objectives.
- Demonstrated proclivity to challenge the status quo and drive constant improvement in process and ability to achieve organizational goals.
- Exceptionally strong problem-solving and analytical skills, with an ability to clearly identify strategic issues and make tough decisions
- Ability to inspire, engage, and motivate teams to achieve results and success
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail, with a demonstrated ability to work independently
- Ability to lead multiple projects, prioritize, and manage a high-volume of tasks, deadlines, requirements, and decisions
If this opportunity sounds like it is a good match with your skills, background, and career direction, please apply through our Careers Page with your cover letter and resume.