Director, Investment Acquisitions
Reports to: Managing Partner
Location: Vancouver, San Francisco, New York, or remote for right candidate
InvestX Capital Ltd. is seeking a highly motivated Director of Investment Acquisition to build our organizations capability to source and acquire private shares of late stage Unicorn companies, work to complete buyside investment transactions, and build strong institutional relationships.
InvestX is a fintech company with offices in Vancouver and New York. InvestX has developed an online distribution platform for investment products that allows broker dealers’ high net worth and institutional clients access to invest and trade in the world’s leading private companies. The Company is rapidly growing its broker dealer network and trading marketplace in the US and Canada.
We are looking for a highly motivated Director of Investment Acquisition to build our organizations capability to source and acquire private shares of late stage Unicorn companies, work to complete buyside investment transactions, and build strong institutional relationships.
- Achieve Investx’s investment transaction goals;
- Monetize your current relationships;
- Build relationships with leading Unicorn executives, VC firms, LP’s, and other institutional investors to increase our access to supply for our marketplace and institutional buyside engagements;
- Structure and negotiate purchase agreements;
- Work with an Associate who reports to you to build transaction execution success with other shareholder classes;
- Regularly contact and meet, as applicable, with issuers, customers and prospects;
- Run an efficient and cost-effective acquisition transaction process;
- Work with internal teams in legal, finance and compliance to complete transactions.
Qualifications & Experience
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in institutional sales or related role;
- Minimum 2 years’ experience selling to CXOs;
- Highly motivated to build relationships and close deals;
- Effective communicator (written and verbal) with sound interpersonal and team building skills;
- You are passionate and have a strong desire to grow and succeed;
- Ability to prioritize, meet deadlines and work under pressure in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
If this opportunity sounds like it’s a good match with your skills, background and career direction, please email a cover letter and resume HERE.