Launched in 2014, InvestX a leading fintech company and pioneer in the pre-IPO asset class, provides the $30 trillion dollar wealth management industry with the ability to access, invest and trade in late-stage private companies. Portfolio companies include Palantir, Airbnb, SoFi, Spotify, DocuSign, SpaceX and many others. InvestX empowers its broker dealer clients with a technology platform, InvestX GEM, a secondary marketplace that simplifies the complexities of transacting in the private markets.
InvestX is backed by leading institutional investors including Jefferies, Virtu Financial and Canaccord Genuity. The company has been featured in CNBC, Forbes, Bloomberg, U.S. News, Business Insider, Reuters, The Globe and Mail, and many other publications. This year, InvestX has been a finalist for Wealthamnagement.com Awards, Benzinga Global fintech Awards, TradingTech Insight Awards USA, Technical Analyst Awards 2021 and BC Tech Awards.
About the Role
As the Analyst, Investment Operations will be responsible for providing day-to-day transaction processing support for private equity investments. You have a strong grasp of accounting practices, investment operations practices, paired with an analytical and systems based approach.
Location: Vancouver, BC
- Prepares daily/monthly/quarterly transactions and reporting
- Supports analysis of complex transactions and reporting on a monthly/quarterly basis
- Collaborates to identify and resolve inefficiencies/gaps in internal and cross-functional controls, monitoring procedures, reconciliations, and reasonability checks
- Supports the investment department and responds to enquiries in a timely and professional manner
- Identifies and supports investigation into reporting discrepancies and assists to determine appropriate course of action in a timely manner
- Prepares documentation to support reviews conducted, and demonstrates adequate processes and controls,
- Adheres to internal policies and procedures, financial controls and reporting requirements
- Works cross functionally with other team members and departments to ensure seamless processes, accurate data and great customer care for investors
- Supports timely and appropriate reporting and support for our investment partners
- Other duties as assigned
- University degree in business or other relevant discipline
- Ideal to have a finance or accounting diploma/certificate, or be working towards a professional designation such as CPA, CMA, CGA, CFA
- 2+ years’ experience in a related role within the financial services and/or investment industry
- Ideal to have investment accounting software experience or other general accounting software experience
- Ability to analyze, apply and interpret policies, procedures and regulations effectively
- Ability to synthesize large amounts of information, clarify and provide value add insights using reporting systems and computer applications
- Highly organized with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple priorities
- Proven attention to accuracy and detail
- Self-motivated, flexible and adaptable in a high performance and deadline oriented culture
- Demonstrated good judgment and professionalism, exemplifies our values
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills; ability to foster effective working relationships internally across the organization and externally
- Ability to readily adapt to a rapidly changing environment
- Eligibility to travel between Canada and the United States
- A Criminal Record Check and Credit Check is required for this position
If this opportunity sounds like it is a good match with your skills, background, and career direction, please apply through our Careers Page with your cover letter and resume.