Position Title: Private Client Advisor
Reports to: Director of Sales, North America
Location: Vancouver & Toronto
InvestX Capital Ltd. is a fast-moving young company launched in March 2014 backed by a number of institutional investors. InvestX has been featured and covered by the Wall Street Journal, Fin Alternatives, Dow Jones, Globe & Mail, Thomson Reuters, New York Times and others.
InvestX gives broker dealer’s retail high net worth clients access to exclusive late-stage investments like DocuSign, Spotify, UBER, Pinterest, Dropbox in retail size allotments for the first time. Growth equity is one of the top performing asset classes but until InvestX had only been available to institutional and the ultra-high net worth investors.
Are you a dynamic, quick-thinking self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit, a passion for the financial markets and the desire to be a trusted advisor to ultra-high net worth clients? We are looking for professionals with strong interpersonal skills who can thrive in an environment where innovative thinking, grit and determination are essential to building a successful business.
The core goal of this position is to expand the Family Office and UHNW distribution channels and secure partnerships, set with the goal of growing AUM. The PCA’s role is to grow tAUM, by attracting new SFO and MFO partners. Sales effectiveness is achieved by targeting Principles, CIOs and UHNW Investors.
We are looking for an experienced “sophisticated-driven-consultant,” someone who knows the UHNW landscape and the technical understanding of investing and bringing new accounts online. They will have a very high standard of sales acumen and relationship building — someone who understands that being a high performer in a sales organisation is about connecting, adding value and listening to people to find ways to create win-wins. They need to be able to work autonomously within an organisation with limited and changing resources.
As an InvestX Private Client Advisor, you will partner with UHNW Investors and Family Offices to proactively engage new clients and prospects with a net worth of $5mm and above, in the effort to integrate of our growth-equity strategies within their investment portfolios.
You will provide front-to-back lifecycle education and marketing of the full Growth Equity Investments platform. This entails a full understanding of all details about the Growth Equity Investments and InvestX platforms, underlying assets, associated Firm research, portfolio positioning, systems, client eligibility and risk considerations.
• An entrepreneurial spirit coupled with a desire to work in a team-oriented environment
• A track record in selling financial solutions to HNW, Family office or Portfolio Managers.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to build and foster a strong network of relationships
• Creative approach to problem-solving and developing innovative solutions for clients
• Strong interest in financial, economic and global capital markets
• Strong client focus, business development and relationship management skills
• Formidable analytical and communication (oral and written) skills
• Commitment to excellence and a high level of integrity
• Minimum of 5+ years of prior experience in Alternative Investments or a comparable role
• Familiarity on regulations, compliance policies and guidelines.
• A deep understanding of the Alternative Investments business and products is an asset.
• Exempt Markets Licensed (Canada), active Series 7 and 66 licenses (USA) an asset.
To apply please click here