InvestX Capital Ltd. is a fast-moving young company launched in March 2014 backed by a number of institutional investors. InvestX has been featured and covered by the Wall Street Journal, Fin Alternatives, Dow Jones, Globe & Mail, Thomson Reuters, New York Times and others.
InvestX gives broker dealer’s retail high net worth clients access to exclusive late-stage investments like DocuSign, Spotify, UBER, Pinterest, Dropbox in retail size allotments for the first time. Growth equity is one of the top performing asset classes but until InvestX had only been available to institutional and the ultra-high net worth investors.
Are you a quick-thinking self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit who can read code like a book and writes it easily? We are looking for a professional with strong development skills who can thrive in an environment where innovative thinking, grit and determination are essential to building a successful business.
The core goal of this position is to expand the current development team and bring on a competent Full Stack Developer for our online web applications. We’re looking for someone who can implement and help create designs, find solutions using multiple lenses, and has a desire to code. This candidate will be part of a growing team who will be building the first of it’s kind marketplace in Canada.
This position is on premise in downtown Vancouver BC.
Things we like about working here
- We work in a freshly renovated office with lots of white board and flexible space for thinking
- Our ideas matter
- Every member of the team embraces continual learning
- We’re 3 buildings down from the Burrard Skytrain Station, close to lots of food options
- Free drinks juice and pop, plus monthly beer o’clock
- Competitive salary and benefits
- We’re a small company so there’s no bureaucracy, office politics, or layers of management
- 5+ years of ASP.NET and C# experience.
- the ability to work with, talk to, and understand our client’s requirements.
- the ability to employ best practices in coding
- the skills to not sacrifice simplicity
- excellent understanding of HTML, ASP.NET, C#, SQL server
- experience with SQL Server, GIT, SignalR, Web Sockets, AWS
- exceptional understanding of the best practices for handling of web assets
- the ability to thrive in a growing team
- flexibility and adaptability; comfortable in an entrepreneurial organization
- a track record of consistently meeting goals and deadlines
- experience working with sensitive data
As a Full Stack developer, you will be:
- Writing code
- Working with requirements and coming up with solutions
- Peer reviewing code
- Working with development manager on requirements, design, architecture
It's a bonus if
- You have experience in the financial world
- You treat coding as a profession, which you can demonstrate by your knowledge and your dedication to continuous learning and have senior or expert skill level
- You have an understanding of object-oriented analysis & design
- You demonstrate a team-focused work ethics
- You have demonstrated experience in agile development environments (Scrum, Kanban)
Apply online here.