Position Title: Front End / UI Web Developer
Reports To: Development Manager
Location: Vancouver, BC
InvestX - The Company
InvestX Capital Ltd. is a fast-moving young company launched in March 2014 backed by a number of institutional investors. InvestX has been featured and covered by the Wall Street Journal, Fin Alternatives, Dow Jones, Globe & Mail, Thomson Reuters, New York Times and others.
InvestX gives broker dealer’s retail high net worth clients access to exclusive late-stage investments like DocuSign, Spotify, UBER, Pinterest, Dropbox in retail size allotments for the first time. Growth equity is one of the top performing asset classes but until InvestX had only been available to institutional and the ultra-high net worth investors.
Are you a dynamic, quick-thinking self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit, a passion for UI and Design and the desire to build the first-of-its kind application in Canada? We are looking for a professional with strong design skills who can thrive in an environment where innovative thinking, grit and determination are essential to building a successful business.
The core goal of this position is to expand the current development team and bring on a competent UI Developer for our online web applications. We’re looking for someone who can design and implement UI designs that work cross-platform, implement new UI designs on current ASP.NET pages and Angular pages, and assist in building the first of it’s kind marketplace in Canada.
This position is on premise in downtown Vancouver BC.
Things we like about working here
- We work in a freshly renovated office with lots of white board and flexible space for thinking
- Our ideas matter
- Every member of the team embraces continual learning
- We’re 3 buildings down from the Burrard Skytrain Station, close to lots of food options
- Free drinks juice and pop, plus monthly beer o’clock
- Competitive salary and benefits
- We’re a small company so there’s no bureaucracy, office politics, or layers of management
We need someone who has:
- 3+ years as a Front-End developer
- The ability to choose what will work best for our customers
- The ability to employs UX best practice and listens to user feedback
- The necessary skills to not sacrifice simplicity
- 1+ years of C# and ASP.NET (MVC5, .NET Core)
- Experience with SQL Server, GIT, SignalR
- Experience with frameworks such as Bootstrap.
- Understanding of the importance of markup and its impact to SEO
- Exceptional understanding of the best practices for handling of web assets
- Ability to thrive in a growing team
- Flexible and adaptable; comfortable in an entrepreneurial organization
- Track record of consistently meeting goals and deadlines
- Experience working with sensitive data
As our UI Programmer you will be doing:
- Writing markup to make our site fully functional on mobile devices as well as PC
- Re-Design parts of our website
- Work with the Development and UX team members to deliver solid functional designs
- Learn and understand the business
- Peer code reviews
It’s a bonus if…
- You treat coding as a profession, which you can demonstrate by your knowledge and your dedication to continuous learning and have senior or expert skill level
- You have an understanding of object oriented analysis & design
- You demonstrate a team-focused work ethics
- You have demonstrated experience in agile development environments (Scrum, Kanban)
Apply here and follow the instruction.